The charge to the Student Conduct Committee is to decide cases in student disciplinary matters in accordance with the University rules and policies and to report its recommendations to university leaders.
Information about this committee is set forth in UM CRR 200.010 (Standard of Conduct) and CRR 200.020 (Rules of Procedures in Student or Student Organization Conduct Matters).
Members are appointed by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, upon recommendation by the following groups:
- 15 faculty members (selected by Faculty Council)
- 8 staff members (selected by Staff Council)
- 5 undergraduate students (selected by MSA)
- 3 graduate or professional students (selected by GPC)
- Designee of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Student members of the Student Discipline Panel serve only at the advance written request of a student charged. They have the same rights as other members of the committee or hearing panel, including the right to vote.
This committee will appoint a liaison to the Student Affairs Committee
Selected by Faculty Council, after consultation with the Committee.
Provided by Office of Student Accountability & Support.
In a departure from past practice, the committee will no longer contain members designated as “alternates.” Instead, the entire committee will form a pool of potential members, and panelists will be drawn from the pool to hear cases.
- Student Conduct Committee Annual Report 2018-2019
- Student Conduct Committee Annual Report 2017-2018
- Student Conduct Committee Annual Report 2016-2017
- Student Conduct Committee Annual Report 2015-2016
- Student Conduct Committee Annual Report 2014-15
- Student Conduct Committee Annual Report 2012-13
- Academic Integrity