The charge to the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee is to advise the Chancellor and to consult with the director of Intercollegiate Athletics in all matters relating to intercollegiate athletics at MU. Committee recommendations to the Chancellor will be made in accordance with the policies of the Board of Curators, the University, and the applicable rules and regulations of any regional or national conference or association.
- 14 faculty members (selected by Faculty Council)
- NCAA Faculty Athletics Representative
- 2 staff members (selected by Staff Council)
- 4 alumni members
- 2 undergraduate students (selected by MSA)
- 1 graduate or professional student (selected by GPC)
- 9 ex-officio members, who shall have no vote
- The Director of Athletics
- One representative from each of the following
- The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Operations
- The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- The Office of the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management
- The Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies and eLearning
- Two student representatives from the Student‐Athlete Advisory Council
- A representative from the Letterwinners’ Club
- The Past‐Chair, who shall serve on the Committee as an ex officio, non‐voting member for a period of one year following the end of their term in office
This committee will appoint a liaison to the Student Affairs Committee
Selected by Faculty Council, after consultation with the Committee.
This Committee is governed by existing bylaws and need not adopt new ones based on the model provided in this document.