The charge to the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee is to advise the Chancellor and to consult with the director of Intercollegiate Athletics in all matters relating to intercollegiate athletics at MU. Committee recommendations to the Chancellor will be made in accordance with the policies of the Board of Curators, the University, and the applicable rules and regulations of any regional or national conference or association.
During the 2023-2024 Academic Year, the committee will:
- Monitor the academic progress of student-athletes and review activities related to the academic success of student-athletes.
- Review the Athletic Department’s fiscal budget and other financial plans.
- Report and make recommendations for student-athlete welfare including mental health, career development, sports medicine, and leadership.
- Report and make recommendations for gender equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives in the athletics department.
- Review and report on Athletic department compliance policies, procedures, training, and risk mitigation.
Liaisons, Chairs, Staff Support:
|Designees appointed from:|
|Designees appointed to:|
This committee will appoint a liaison to the Student Affairs Committee.
Selected by Faculty Council, after consultation with the Committee.
Annual Report 2021-2022
Bylaws of the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee
This Committee is governed by existing bylaws and need not adopt new ones based on the model provided in this document.
- See membership here.