Capital Financing Advisory Committee members
Charge and composition
To make recommendations to the Chancellor on the financing options related to capital improvement on the campus as well provide input on the priorities for financing. The Committee will advise on items including, but not limited to, the following:
- Procedures and plans supportive of development of capital financing options that enhance the university’s ability to support its missions.
- Prioritization for new capital fund allocation.
- Prioritization of usage of existing resources allocated to capital.
Screening and prioritization of requests for funds, ensuring that appropriate departments of the University are consulted to avoid duplication of effort and appropriateness of the activity within the University’s missions.
The members of the committee will contain 3 ex officio members who support the committee to provide background, data and context for the group’s work as well as learn from the committee’s discussion to aid in carrying out their ongoing work assignments. These individuals are permanent members of the committee. The remaining membership will serve 3-year terms.Ex Officio members (3) include the Vice Chancellor for Finance, the Vice Chancellor for Operations and the Provost & Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Ex Officio members include the Vice Chancellor for Finance, the Vice Chancellor for Operations and the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost.
- Faculty membership - four faculty members will serve. Two will be chosen from those nominated by the Faculty Council and two will be chosen from nominations received through an open call in consultation with the Provost.
- Staff membership – two staff members will serve. One will be chosen from those nominated by the staff council and the other will be chosen from those nominated in the open call.
- Student membership – three students will serve. One will be chosen from those nominated by GPC, one from those nominated by MSA and one from those nominated in the open call.
- Leaders – three other leaders from around campus will serve. There will be an open call for nominations and members will be chosen in consultation with Chancellor’s staff.